This website, www.industriouslaw.com (hereinafter the “Website”), is operated by Industrious-Law cvba/scrl (hereinafter “Industrious”), registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number 0693.709.554, with office at Bluepoint, Boulevard A. Reyerslaan, 80, 1030 Brussels.
For any question about the content of this Website, the User can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Use of the Website
The content of this Website is provided solely for Users wishing to have general information about Industrious and its activities. The Website is strictly limited to personal use by the User.
The Website and any documents, information and data provided therein may not be used as a basis for any assessment of Industrious and should not be interpreted as providing legal advice and/or as a canvassing, a solicitation and/or an offer of services. In particular, the use of this Website does not give rise to any arrangement or contract between Industrious and the User.
Whilst Industrious does its utmost to ensure the contents of the Website are comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date, Industrious does not offer any guarantees about the contents and information on the Website.
Users undertake to use this Website in compliance with all laws and legal and/or contractual provisions. They may not use the Website in a manner which could harm the interests of Industrious and/or its clients.
3. Limitation of liability
Users are solely liable for any use of the information contained in the Website.
Accordingly, Industrious shall not be held responsible for any damages, direct, indirect or otherwise, arising from the use of the information provided on the Website by the Users.
Furthermore, Industrious does not warrant the access to the Website without interruption, nor that it is virus-free.
Industrious shall not be held liable for damages resulting from fraudulent access by a third party leading to changes in information broadcast on the Website. Third party Internet websites and their content are subject to the liability of their author(s)/owner(s) only.
Industrious ensures that the Website contains no hyperlink giving direct or indirect access to websites or website pages whose content is contrary to the essential principles of the legal practice. Industrious takes all measures necessary to delete them if such website should be deemed as contrary to the essential precepts of the legal practice. However, Industrious cannot commit its legal liability beyond this ethical obligation.
4. Intellectual property rights
The Website and any work and material composing the Website, in particular any text, article, newsletter, press release, presentation, brochure, illustration, photograph, software, digital animation, drawing, logo etc., are and remain the exclusive property of Industrious.
Apart from viewing, downloading and printing pages from the Website for their own personal use, Users may not use, reproduce, represent, display, modify, adapt or otherwise exploit, whether in part or in whole, the Website content and/or any work and material composing the Website without the prior and written consent of Industrious. All applications should be made to: email@example.com.
5. Disputes, jurisdiction and applicable law
Industrious-Law scrl/cvba (hereinafter « Industrious ») registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number BE0693709554, with office at Bluepoint, Boulevard A. Reyerslaan, 80, 1030 Brussels, acts as the data controller of your personal data under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (« General Data Protection Regulation » or « GDPR »), relevant GDPR implementation Acts and the provisions of other applicable laws, regulations and rules.
1. Type of data collected
Industrious undertakes to respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data. The only information Industrious may access are data you voluntarily provide.
In particular, Industrious may process the following personal data:
- Name, surname, job title, company name, company address, legal entity, nationality, ID-card, national number;
- Contact details such as email address, mobile phone, phone and fax numbers;
- Data necessary for processing invoices such as VAT number, bank account details, business register number;
- Data relating to your attendance of events and interests;
- Data provided to Industrious during the processing of your case/file;
- Any other personal data provided to Industrious that may be useful for the purposes described below.
2. Purposes of the processing of personal data
Personal data collected by Industrious may have the following purposes:
- Identify the services you may be interested in;
- Communicate with you about the services Industrious provides;
- Provide you with legal services, i.e. legal advice, proceedings, etc;
- Exchange information with you and to answer your questions (via e-mail, telephone, etc.) in relation to the provision of the legal services by Industrious or the content of Industrious’ website;
- Manage and administer the relationship with you;
- Monitor and analyse business processes and systems;
- Handle your job application or subscription to events;
- Keep you informed about the latest legal news and insights relevant to your business via our newsletters and invitations to our seminars;
- Establish, exercise or defend a legal claim and proceeding against Industrious and its staff;
- For business development activities, marketing and advertising purposes;
- For invoicing and administrative purposes.
3. Legal basis for processing personal data
Personal data collected by Industrious may have the following purposes:
- To process the performance of a contract to which you and Industrious are parties to or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- To comply with regulatory and policy requirements to which Industrious is subject;
- For a legitimate interest (e.g. managing and administering the relationship with clients and suppliers);
- With your consent for one or more specific purposes.
If you do not want your personal data to be processed for the above purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as you have the right to oppose to such processing (see below: “Rights regarding personal data”).
4. Duration of personal data detention/storing
5. Sharing of personal data
Personal data are treated with the utmost confidentiality and will not be transferred to third parties, unless there is a need to meet a legal requirement.
In certain cases, Industrious may need to share your personal data with suppliers and sub-suppliers when they perform services on Industrious’behalf (mainly to maintain and support IT systems) and regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies for the above-mentioned purposes.
Any transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA is made in line with applicable data protection laws.
6. Sharing of personal data
Industrious takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, amendment of, or damage.
7. Rights regarding personal data
Under the GDPR and other applicable laws, you, as a data subject, have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal data;
- Right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to object or request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to profiling;
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Right to withdraw your consent for the future to the extent that the processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of your consent.
Should you have any questions, remarks or complaints in relation to this policy or how Industrious processes your personal data, do not hesitate to send an email to: email@example.com.
Should an issue arise, you may also file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority (www.dataprotectionauthority.be).
Cookies are used primarily to effect or facilitate the dispatch of communication via an electronic communications network, or to provide a service expressly requested by you. The purpose of cookies is to simplify visits by users and improve dialogue.
You can refuse to let cookies be installed by configuring your browser accordingly. However, refusing installation of cookies may prevent you from having access to certain services on Industrious’website.
11. Disputes, jurisdiction and applicable law